Monday, April 23, 2012

Earthquake Day

Good morning-

When I woke up this morning around 5am, I could hear the rain. It had been raining for a few hours and it has continued to sprinkle throughout the morning. The weather report did not show rain until Wednesday, so I was very surprised it was raining. The weather has been so strange lately.

My son slept in today and whenever it rains we all tend to move slower around here. Also, there is always a little struggle to get my son motivated on days that rain and it definitely does not help that there was a 3.9 earthquake less than 8 miles away from us :(

Around 10:30am, I was standing in the kitchen and the ground began to shake. I ran towards my son and we stood in the doorway for a few seconds. The earthquake didn't last but a few seconds (always feels longer) but ever since I was a child...I tend to FREAK OUT a little. I really tried to tone it down for my son.

I'm really not looking forward to any aftershocks!

No comments: