Saturday, May 26, 2012

On Our Way to eBay!

*** Mega Post - Heavy PICS ***

On Tuesday May 15th, we pretty much packed ever square inch of our Toyota Prius Plug-In for a week up north in San Jose, CA for my husband's new job at eBay.
It's hard to believe we got everything to fit. We had 4 pieces of luggage (small to medium), 2 backpacks (1 for my son's schoolwork & 1 filled with wires & connectors for the Xbox & 3 laptops), 2 pillows, Lily's playpen, 2 carrying bags for Lily and 1 tote filled with stuff I couldn't fit anywhere else.
My son sat behind me playing Minecraft on his computer and Lily sat on my lap for the 6 hour trip.
We stayed at the Residence Inn in Fremont in the Penthouse Suite from Tuesday through Sunday.
The room was okay but the Internet didn't work (they were nice enough to deduct $30 from our bill). The toilets in both bathrooms were really old and didn't work correctly. The hotel is a little outdated and I don't recommend staying at this location.
On Friday we decided that my son and I would to stay another week up north but we changed hotels to be closer to eBay in San Jose.
The newly renovated Staybridge Suites in San Jose is only 1 mile from eBay. The staff was friendly and laundry is FREE.

They had just finished renovating the 2 bedroom suite we checked into. We were the first guests to stay in room 2323 :)
The room had a good feel to it and the decor was pleasant. The kitchen was a bit small and the 3 TVs were tube TVs, however, they are replacing them in June with flat screens.
The bedroom my husband and I were in had a king size bed that was very warm and comfy.
Our room had a walk-in closet and a bathroom with a tub & shower.
My son's bedroom had 2 full size beds and a bathroom with tub & shower as well.

On Tuesday May 22nd, my mom came to visit us for a few days. She took a flight into SFO Airport and arrived after my husband got off work so we picked her up and ate dinner at McCormick and Kuleto's Seafood Restaurant in San Francisco’s historic Ghirardelli Square.
My mom stayed and drove home with us on Saturday May 26th.

My son and I will be travelling to San Jose for the next year to be with Daddy. Most likely we will be staying for months at a time.

No comments: