Thursday, May 10, 2012

My First Franken Nail Polish | Moonlight Sonata

Over six months ago I decided that I wanted to try my hand at mixing my own nail color, so I emptied out my bottle of PeaceKeeper Paint Me Luminous (Frosty white base with iridescent multi-color glitter).

I did leave less than 1/3 of Paint Me Luminous in the bottle. I started with adding black, purple and white nail polish of various brands. I also added Pure Ice Cheatin (purple/magenta/blue glitter) and plenty of coarse grade Spectraflair 1500-35.

Unfortunately, I didn't write anything down so I don't remember the exact nail polishes or amounts that I used for my experiment.
The result is a holographic greyed-out dusty purple with iridescent shimmer. I love it!
I tried to take a macro shot but this polish is so hard to capture and I really need a new camera. I used a Canon G11. Sorry it's blurry.

I named it Moonlight Sonata after music by Ludwig van Beethoven.

I was inspired by my son; he was learning how to play Moonlight Sonata on the piano while I created this nail polish.

No comments: