Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Khan Academy | Watch. Practice. Learn almost anything for free.

Today is starting off a little slow for the whole family. I just finished my son's check-list at 9am for today's lessons. I try to incorporate conceptual videos from Khan Academy a couple times a week in Math and Cosmology and Astronomy.

This week I decided to add videos from Art History: - 400 C.E. Ancient Cultures. At the top of the Art History page is a link to a free, multi-media web-book about art and art history: Smarthistory.org. Part of the Khan Academy, they use multimedia to deliver unscripted conversations between art historians about the history of art. It is designed as a dynamic enhancement (or even substitute) for the traditional art history textbook.

My son loves to use the computer and with a library of over 3,000 videos from Khan Academy he is provided a free world-class education from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history.

No comments: