Sunday, June 10, 2012

Road Trip: Redwoods | Santa Cruz

On Sunday, June 3rd, we drove to Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park near Felton on Highway 9 in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We wanted to see giant redwoods and the ocean. Unfortunately, my husband did not get to enjoy the beauty of the giant redwoods with my son and I. The walking trails don't allow dogs, so he stayed in the car with Lily while my son and I walked one trail for 20 or 30 minutes. It really was breathtaking.


After visiting the redwoods park, we drove to Santa Cruz to eat lunch and charge our Prius Plug-In at a charging station. I asked a local girl with a cute dog if she could recommend a restaurant that was dog friendly. She suggested the Pono Hawaiian Grill. It was only a few blocks from the charging station, so we walked to Pono and had great lunch on their back patio.
When we finished with our lunch, we drove to Santa Cruz Harbor before we headed back to San Jose.

It was a beautiful day!

No comments: